Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Uruguay: Fascinating Event During Spain-Uruguay Flight, 1983



Source: Uruguay Ovni and Planeta UFO
Date: September 15, 2015


Uruguay: Fascinating Event During Spain-Uruguay Flight, 1983

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN - I have wanted to put down my experience in writing for a long time. I don't recall the date, but it would have been April, when I usually took my vacations. The most shocking feature was the way it traveled, its size, comparable to a Boeing airplane, motionless and cross-shaped. Its appearance, while not shiny, resembled an aluminum pot. Thanks for taking the time to read about my encounter. Regards, M.L.

Personal information: On file
Witness age: 70 years old
Sighting date: 07/11/1983 [Note - this contradicts what was asserted earlier]
Opinion of the UFO phenomenon: An undeniable reality. We are children of the cosmos without denying God...
What were you doing at the time of the sighting? : Watching the aircraft's descent through the window. I'm used to flying, and I like it a lot.
Other experiences: No. This is the only experience, and I have had others, but it stands out for having shown me its movement and it is inside a magnetic field caused - among other things - by counterclockwise rotary movement toward the right and the left. Furthermore, I think to have seen something tangible and defined in this case, a single type of UFO.

1983 - UFO SIGHTING DURING IBERIA FLIGHT



Since I was employed by IBERIA Airlines - Montevideo at the time, I was flying on standby, a bit of information that proves suggestive, given the experience I was about to have.

Start: Barajas Airport, Madrid. Boarding time around midnight, approximately, aircraft full of passengers, heading for Montevideo (Uruguay) with stops at Rio de Janeiro and Asuncion (Paraguay).

Boarding started and I sat in coach, left side of the cabin, halfway in the middle of the plane. I was already comfortable in this fully booked flight when I heard my name on the loudspeaker. I identified myself and was told that it was a full flight; I would have to yield my seat to a paying passenger. The passenger sits down, I exit the plane and stay on a platform near the plane with other standby colleagues who were waiting to board (jetways did not exist back then).

The aircraft hatch opened once more. A lady came out, saying "I won't travel without my husband", and without further ado, a stewardess took me by the hand and led me back into the plane, saying the commander approved an extra passenger, placing me in a business-class seat next to a gentleman. The airliner had a long takeoff, burdened as it was with passengers, cargo, mail, luggage...in short, I couldn't believe that I was aboard again and seated next to a window on the starboard side of the plane. I was overjoyed. A fine takeoff and the 8 hours between Madrid and Rio to look forward to. It was very pleasant, dinner and chatting with the engineer beside me (I wish I'd known his name). We didn't sleep, chatting away about all possible subjects...until we came to the matter of UFOs.

This gentleman worked in Asunción and openly denied the existence of UFOs. The subject is real to me, I always felt UFOs were real, but it causes me concern, fear and curiosity and I like to know more. I'm not fantasy-prone.

Well, around 5:30 hrs. we had nearly commenced our descent over Rio de Janeiro. The sun was rising on the left side of the plane, burning through the morning fog, it got lighter and the area's mountainous vegetation came into view. Me, sitting on the right hand side of the plane, noticed scattered cumulus nimbus type clouds. One of these clouds, however, was not grey but amber-colored. Slightly below our flight level and at a distance, with the mountains as a backdrop, the sunlight allowed me to see something through that cloud: An enormous, top-shaped vehicle, burnished grey in color, surrounded by a black belt at its broadest. It spun counterclockwise on its axis, which provided it support. It had a green light on its tip that blinked on and off. An indescribable experience. My companion was able to see everything clearly and we decided to alert the crew, but we were in full descent and could not stand up to make such a report (the landing took some 30 minutes).

In any event, once we were on land, I made my statement. Neither the airplane's radar nor the one at Rio detected anything beyond our own approach and descent.

My traveling companion was truly startled and said that this wonderful experience had showed him that [the object] was intelligently guided and was not of our making, since it lacked leading edges with which to fly. This means that on the ground, in order to achieve speed, it must have a tip (cars, ships, airplanes, trains) and a leading edge (airplane wings) to pierce through the air and climb.

I regret having not heard from this passenger again, as it is evident that both he and I had been destined - chosen - to see this wonder. In his case, to accept [the phenomenon's] existence and in mine to confirm that we are not alone. But it wasn't over yet.

[Paragraph removed at the witness's request]

I continue to accept the existence of extraterrestrials and their vessels, and I think that until humans overcome the barrier of insane competition and covet what belongs to others, cease to belittle our fellows and become aware that we are as nothing in this vast universe, only love in all of its manifestations will lift us to their same wavelength. I do not believe they will manifest themselves openly. We have progressed at the scientific level, but remain stagnant in our humanity.

Clarifications:

- To confirm the dates, I looked among all of the airline tickets I used over the past thirty years, and the dates correspond to 7 November 1983. Oddly enough, reading other publications on-line, a woman claimed seeing something similar that very same day in England.

- I like to be as precise as possible, but I confused the information in this case.

- Thank you for the opportunity to share two truly remarkable situations. Thank you - M.L.

[Translation (c) 2015 S. Corrales, IHU. Published by Alexander Rottas, Uruguay OVNI. Our thanks to Guillermo Giménez, Planeta UFO]


Note: The anonymous witness mentions a case in the U.K. having occurred on the same day. A cursory scan only reveals the classic 7 Nov '83 sighting of researcher Anthony Dodd, which forms part of the NICAP files:
7:55 PM. Between Bolton Abbey and Addingham near Skipton, North Yorkshire, whilst driving with his wife, PS Tony Dodd observed a large disc shaped UFO approaching the vehicle from their right. He estimated the size of the craft as being four times that of a car. It was at a low altitude and passed almost directly over the car roof before disappearing behind nearby trees. His wife described the craft as resembling a child’s spinning top. Moments later the same UFO reappeared and swept toward the car once again. PS Dodd pulled the car over to a stop and took a series of photographs of the object as it moved away into the distance. The photographs were later sent to a research facility called Ground Saucer Watch in Arizona that specialize in the analysis of reported UFO images. Their conclusion after analysis was that the photographs had recorded a genuine UFO on film, one of the few to meet their strict criteria. They estimated that the object was 30 feet in diameter and was near spherical in shape. This forms a series of sightings by the officer who later became one of the world’s leading authorities on the subject of UFOs. UFO CLASSIFICATION ­ CE1 (CLOSE ENCOUNTER 1ST KIND) Off Duty sighting. 1 Officer. Source - Alien Investigator by Tony Dodd. Headline Publishing Books. Pages 26-28 and PRUFOS. 22. February 1983. 2200 hours. Location: A51, Stonehill, Sta (Source: THE 5TH ANNUAL PRUFOS POLICE REPORT 2006 by Detective Constable 1877 HESELTINE British Transport Police (Our thanks to Francis Ridge, NICAP Sightings Coordinator)